Residential Rental Criteria
Thank you for choosing MacDoc Property Management for your housing needs! As we provide a high-quality experience to our Residents; we are seeking long-term, high-quality residents. Once you have completed the rental application online, you must send your agent a copy of each applicant's driver’s license and/or Government issued ID and your last two most recent pay stubs for your application to be processed. Please be sure to list all occupants.
Please read the below information and instructions fully:
Guidelines to Pre-Qualify Our Rental Homes
Applications are processed and scored based upon factors including, but not limited to: rental history, income, employment, criminal and eviction history, and credit score. If your application does not meet our minimum qualifications, an additional security deposit may be required.
- INCOME: Your verifiable gross income must be at least 3X the monthly rent. We do combine all adult's income.
- RENTAL HISTORY: No rental history or negative rental history, foreclosure, short sale or even bankruptcy, may require a higher security deposit or the application may be declined.
- CONVICTIONS: Certain Felony convictions may disqualify your application.
- COURT RECORDS: All applicants are screened through the Virginia and other state court systems for any Civil and Criminal public records.
- SUPPORTING DOCUMENTS: Copy of Government issued ID and last two most recent pay stubs and/or proof of other income.
Any false information on the application, AUTOMATICALLY DISQUALIFIES the applicant(s).
PLEASE CLICK ON LINK BELOW TO APPLY NOW:
Pets are permitted only on certain properties at the sole discretion and approval of the Property Owner. If a pet is approved, there will be an additional non-refundable fee of $400/pet at a minimum. All pets must be listed on the Renter’s insurance policy.
Each occupant, age 18 and above, must fill out an individual application and pay a NONREFUNDABLE application fee of $40 per adult. Application fees and all supporting documents must be received BEFORE the application can be processed.
- An incomplete application will delay the process and may result in another applicant being approved while we wait for your information.
- Once we receive your completed application with all supporting documents, we will have it fully processed and notify you of the results within 5 business days.
- If pre-approved, you will need to pay the security deposit in certified funds to secure the property. Once final approval is received, the Lease will be sent to you electronically and must be signed within 48 hours of receipt. We will continue to accept and process applications for the property until we receive the Security Deposit AND Signed Lease.
- If the applicant fails to move in after the Lease Agreement has been signed the Security Deposit will be forfeited as liquidated damages for taking the property off the market.
- In the case where we receive more than one application on a property, we will process ALL applications and approve the most qualified applicant. If your application is pre-approved and not chosen for the selected property, we do hold applications open for 90 days. You may apply your pre-approved application towards any of our other properties within those 90 days WITHOUT having to pay an application fee again.
For your own safeguard and security, we require that you obtain renter's insurance. The property owner's insurance policy DOES NOT cover damage to your personal property located within the unit. Any damage occurring to your unit, to an adjacent unit or to public areas, which is caused by your negligence will be your responsibility. We will not be responsible for damages to personal property as a result of a fire, flood, or damage by the elements of vandalism. Also, we will not be responsible for any personal injuries occurring inside your unit to residents and/or visitors. MacDoc Property Management requires all residents to obtain a renter's insurance policy to cover damage for personal property.
Under the Fair Housing Code, we cannot and will not discriminate against any applicant that falls under a protected class. This includes but is not limited to race, color, sex, national origin, religion, handicap, familial status or elderliness.
Thank you very much for the opportunity to work with you and we look forward to having you join our MacDoc Property Management portfolio of very Happy Tenants!